Euro Coop is looking for a communications officer to manage its communication strategy during the 2012 United Nations International Year of Co-operatives.
About Euro Coop Euro Coop is the European Community of Consumer Co-operatives, whose members are the national organisations of consumer co-operatives in 17 European countries.
Created in 1957, Euro Coop today represents over 3,200 local and regional co-operatives, the members of which amount to more than 29 million consumers across Europe.
Consumer Co-operatives are enterprises owned by consumers, acting mainly in food retail.
Their overall turnover amounts to more than €73 billion, with 36,000 points of sale, 400,000 employees and 29 million consumer-members.
Its Secretariat is based in Brussels.
The communications officer responds directly to the Secretary-General and is responsible for developing a communication strategy during the 2012 UN International Year of Co-operatives.
Responsibilities include the development of a communications strategy, its implementation, the co-ordination of communication initiatives with other European and global co-operative organisations and the liaison with member organisations.
Tasks include, among others, the organisation of the Co-operative Week in Brussels, the planning and implementation of a targeted communication campaign towards the EU institutions, the liaison with members regarding the activities of the organisation and those of its members and the upgrade and maintenance of the website, newsletter and social media tools.
Knowledge and skills required
- Solid understanding of communication and marketing skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, preferably at native speaker level;
- Prior experience in working on the field of communication on a EU level;
- Working knowledge of main software tools.
- Ability to work independently in a multicultural environment;
- Availability to travel; Knowledge of co-operative enterprises and organisations.
Terms and conditions
- One year contract starting in January 2012 and ending December 2012 with possibility of extension;
- Salary and conditions are dependent on experience and knowledge;
- Travel may be required.
If interested, please send us your CV to email@example.com with subject line “communications officer” by the 19th of October 2011.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.