Desde nuestra entidad socia en Letonia Hoy nos proponen un interesante projecto para desarrollar un Servicio Voluntario Europeo de 6 meses. Se trata de un centro que trabaja con ninos minusvalido y/o con desventaja social. Las princiapales tareas seràn pues, seguir los jovenes durante el dia y organizar las actividades diarias, asi como asisistir a los profesionales que colaboran con el centro. No hay rewquisitos particulares sino la capacidad de ser flexibles, pacientes, tolerantes. Por supuesto se considera un plus tener experiencia en trabajos similares.
FECHA LIMITE PARA ENVIAR SOLICITUDES: 7 DE SEPTIEMBRE
MAS INFORMACION SOBRE EL PROYECTO
February 1st, 2013 – July 31st, 2013 (6 months)
Description of host organization:
Zante Family Crises Centre is foundation working for children and families with children in area of social rehabilitation, social care, children rights protection and education. It’s institution which provides professional aid for people in crises. The Centre works based on 4 principles:
Clients of the Centre are: 1) children and families with children, 2) nearest support systems of children and families, 3) representative institutions of children and families’ interests.
The Centre provides: safe environment recovery of social and psychological stability, improvement of life skills, legal protection, promote competence to decide and to live further. The professionals of the Centre use methods of psychology, psychotherapy, social work, social pedagogy and social care.
Zante Family Crises Centre locates in Kandava Region in parish of Zante (which is about 90 km from capital city Riga, 25 km from Kandava and 30 km from town of Tukums). Zante is in the country side in rural area. There is diversity of plants, animals and birds. There is the river Amula, large theritory occupied by wood and agricultural land.
In Zante there live more than 600 inhabitants and 90% of them are Latvian. Business structure isn’t developed that’s why there is quite high rate of unemployment.
There is primary school, kindergarten, culture centre and library. In Zante there is famous war museum – Kurzeme fortress museum.
Nearest towns are Kandava and Tukums. There are youth centres, schools, associations and organizations working in different fields, possibilities for entertainment, shhopping etc.
There are two options of accomondation for volunteer. The first option is shared flat with other volunteers near the Zante Family Crises Centre and secont option is to live inside the Zante Family Crises Centre.
If volunteer offer to live in the Centre there are following rules:
Volunteers will live in the Zante Family Crises Centre on the first floor. On the second floor there live children with mothers. There are common rules for all who stay and live in the Centre:
1. To respect standrats of cleanness and order. Don’t pollute rooms. After using kicken leave it clean. To waste rubbish in special containers which locates in the yard. It’s forbiden to leave rubbish into kitcken, toilets, bathrooms and other common rooms. To clean own room regulary.
2. It’s not allowed for unauthorized person to stay into volunteers rooms during volunteers absence.
3. On time from 10.00 pm to 7.00 am it is not allowed to make noise – to play musical instruments, play audio records, radio or other devices if it can disturb others. During other hours it is recomended not to make noise what can disturb customers and staff.
4. In the rooms it’s forbidden:
4.1. to use alcohol and intoxication stuff;
4.2. to smoke.
5. It’s not allowed to do improvements or additions of installations in rooms.
6. It’s not allowed to use electricity heaters and devices which mismatch of demands of electricity and fire security. Usage of other low-powered electric devices has to agree with manager.
7. Don’t keep personal things outside own rooms.
Volunteer will have meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Centre. As well during the holidays and weekends volunteer will be able to come and have meals in the Centre. When volunteer will spend his/her holidays outside Zante he/she will receive money for food.
During the voluntary service volunteers will have chance to get experience in work with disadvantaged children. Youngsters will have possibility to work together with professionals and give their contribution in rehabilitation process for children who have suffered from violence and other unlawful actions. The main tasks of volunteers will be – to support children, organize and spend time together in different everyday activities. We would like to host volunteers who like work with children, who are tolerant, patient, flexible, creative and responsible.
Volunteer’s working hours are 8 h per day There are typical day activities of the Centre in which volunteer can take part (optional).:
- together with staff members to help children in their everyday indoor and outdoor activities. At 10.00 – morning circle and conversations, at 11.00 – creative workshops and activities, at 12.00 – activities and walking outside, at 16.30 – creative workshops and activities, at 17.30 – activities and walking outside, from 18.30 to19.30 individual conversations, TV, at 20.00 – evening circle and evening conversations, at 21.00 – story time – reading stories for little children;
- to help arrange toys and games after activities;
- to help children during meal time, to give eat for little children at 09.00;13.00;16.00;19.30
- to help watch over little children, take care and play with them in rooms and outside;
- to help and teach clients to manage order and cleanness in rooms;
- to visit theater to go for excursions and walks together with children;
- organizing different creative activities together with social workers;
- during school time on working days participation in lessons at schools on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 09.00 to 12.30 – English lessons, handcrafts, music and sport.
- on holidays Saturdays and Sundays – excursions with children. Volunteer will have possibility to go to another places inLatvia, enjoy sightseeing, cultural activities etc.
- on Saturdays – activities for volunteers organized by manager of the Centre – museums, sightseeing, concerts etc.
Volunteers will have 2 days off during the week. When volunteer will arrive he/she will introduce with all mentioned Centre activities and will make own working plan.Our staff members are open for volunteers’ proposals regards everyday activities.
We will ask volunteers to send us motivation letter. We would like to host volunteers who like work with children and who like to help other people. This work requests such feature as empathy, tolerance, patience, flexibility, creativity responsibility and activity. Our volunteers have to be prepared and informed about our project and Centre. During selection phase and preparation phase we will keep in touch not only with sending organizations but also with volunteers. We will appreciate if volunteer could work similar work – work with children in social field during his/her project preparation phase in their own country. It is very important that volunteers understand environment of our project which is very different from urban life and its offered possibilities.
Our project is open especially for volunteers – young mothers with their children. We have great experience in work with children and our Centre has capacity for hosting volunteers with children. We also have social rehabilitation programme for under-aged mothers and it would be great value if these mothers could receive intercultural experience being together with volunteer – young mother and her child.Number of volunteers:
3 volunteers in the same time