EURODESK BRUSSELS LINK
Position: Communication and Information Officer (Brussels)
Reporting to: Director of Eurodesk Brussels Link
Contract: Long term contract (CDI Belgium) with a 6 months probation period
With a network of national coordinators connected to over 1.200 local information providers and partners in 33 European countries, Eurodesk is the main source of information on European policies and opportunities for young people and those who work with them. Eurodesk Brussels Link coordinates the activities of national partners, who operates within the EU’s new Programme Erasmus +. The network also updates and manages content on the European Youth Portal.
Eurodesk is seeking a creative and dynamic communicator with in-depth knowledge about youth field and social media in order to :
· Build Eurodesk into a recognisable brand at European level and within the youth sector across Europe
· Raise the network’s profile while bringing its information dissemination platforms into line with the latest information and communication technologies.
· Identifying strengths and weaknesses in Eurodesk’s communications and taking measures to leverage or address them
· Support the network in developing a long-term communication strategy including the European Youth Portal
· Maintain and improve new online communication channels to disseminate youth information and raise Eurodesk’s profile in Brussels and beyond
· Developing and delivering training events to on-field youth professionals on social media communication; strategy development and/or creating and curation of social content
· Editing and producing Eurodesk publications
· Participating in network activities and stakeholder meetings with occasional travel
· Supporting other aspects of Eurodesk Brussels Link’s daily work as required
· University degree and some years of relevant experience, or secondary education with extensive experience
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· High level of creativity and the strategic ability to devise and implement innovative communication tools
·Excellent knowledge of new information and communication technologies, especially social media platforms
·Excellent experience with content management systems and photo/graphic design software would be an advantage
· Very good command of English and working knowledge of at least one other official EU language
· Strong knowledge of the European Policy area, European Youth policy and European programmes for young people
This is a full-time position based in Brussels. The successful candidate will be offered a long term contract (CDI Belgium) subject to and based on further European Commission funding. There will a probation period of 6 months.
Interviews will take place on the 28th of November 2013 in Brussels. The successful candidate should be available to ideally commence work on the 10th of January 2014.
Please send your CV and a concise motivation text of no more than half a page explaining why you are the right candidate for the position. Equally, a creative communication project promoting the European Youth Portal powered by Eurodesk. You are free to choose any channel and any message you want for this project.
Send your application in English to: email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 20 November 2013.