Nuestros socios alemanes de Jugendwerk der AWO Württemberg nos acaban de inviar una petición para su proyecto SVE que comenzará en Marzo 2016 y tendrá una duración de 1 año. Sigue las indicaciones para poder enviar tu candidatura, y por supuesto lee atentamente las informaciones sobre el proyecto para ver si te interesa.
RECUERDA especificar en tu candidatura que tu entidad de envío será Ingalicia (EI REF. 2012-es-121).
EVS position in Jugendwerk der AWO Württemberg
EVS in GERMANY
- Location: Stuttgart, Germany
- Deadline: 13/09/2015
- Start: 01/03/2016
- End: 28/02/2017
Jugendwerk der AWO Württemberg (JW) is a Non Profit NGO with the focus on non-formal education, intercultural projects, youth camps and projects for children young people. The main objective is to support young people in their process of personal development and education besides school and university to improve social, educational, (inter)cultural and other skills and competences. By this the aim of JW is to improve tolerance, solidarity, self-determination and democracy in our society. The organization is led by a volunteer board of directors, aged 20 to 27.
At the moment there are working 9 main employees and 2 volunteers in the Jugendwerk der AWO Württemberg e.V. Depending on the time of the year there are working with approximately 70-150 volunteers (from abroad and Germany)
The main activities of the JW are seminars in non-formal education, youth travel, international youth work (youth exchange, support measures and EVS), coordination of local projects and groups. The target groups are children and young people from 7 to 30 years with a focus on the age of 18 to 27 in which we train and educate a large number of volunteers and also motivate them to take over responsibility as multipliers in training others, organizing projects or taking over responsibility in the JW. The JW is open to everybody, but we have the aim to especially support people with fewer opportunities as migrants, children from financially more weakly placed families or children with less educational chances.
Our area of international youth exchange and intercultural work is developing continuously. Jugendwerk der AWO Württemberg e.V. in Stuttgart. Stuttgart is the capital of the state of Baden-Württemberg in southern Germany. It is the sixth-largest city in Germany with a population of around 600 000 people.
Stuttgart lies close to both the Black Forest and the Swabian Alps. The city center is situated in a lush valley, ringed with vineyards and forests, close to the River Neckar. Stuttgart with its metropolitan area (the political entity “Stuttgart Region” enlarged by the nearby cities of Ludwigsburg, Böblingen, Esslingen, Waiblingen, Göppingen and their respective districts, is one of the most prominent and well-known German towns, especially due to its cultural, administrative and economic importance.
The project for the volunteer will be situated in the Jugendwerk der AWO in Stuttgart. The volunteer will be supported by his/her mentor, the youth workers in the office and other volunteers. The tasks for the volunteer in the Jugendwerk will be as followed:
– The volunteer will participate in the intercultural learning project “Active Culture”, where young people with different cultural backgrounds and migration backgrounds are meeting regularly and spend one evening together, they cook together, are organizing cultural events or special country evenings, they are doing trips or organizing little projects.
– The volunteer will participate in writing and creating an intercultural city guide for Stuttgart.
– The volunteer has the possibility to work with refugees/in different projects with refugees.
– The volunteer will participate in different seminars (pedagogical and first aid – so she/he will be prepared for leading the camps in the summer and winter holidays)
– Creation of and support in seminars: The volunteer will help during the preparation and realization of our seminars, be responsible for the materials & stuff for the seminars (packing the material for the Seminars, going shopping etc.)
– Creation of and support in youth camps: At the end of her/his project the volunteer will take part in a youth camp. She/he should help in preparation, realization and evaluation of the youth camp and work together with other youngsters.
– Support the Jugendwerk Team in the office (almost every day you will help in the office: answering emails, driving somewhere, being responsible for the stuff what we use for the camps, seminars and other events, and many other things whoch have to be done in the office)
– Consultation and information for youngsters about Europe: In the frame of our international youth work the volunteer will collect and create information material about mobility in Europe for European youngsters.
– The volunteer will also participate in our informal meetings about our international youth work
– Creation of and support international and intercultural learning projects together with our international volunteer working group. The volunteer will be included in that working group.
– Creation and realization of own projects: Depending on the interests and abilities of the volunteer she/he can develope his/her own project
– The volunteer will participate in a cooking project
We are open for every application. There are some things which in our opinion could make the daily life and work easier for the volunteer.
To reach a fast integration of the volunteer in the Jugendwerk and the local community, basics in English and/or German would be very helpful. So it will be much easier for the volunteer to get in different contacts. For sure the volunteer will also get a German language course.
The volunteer will support the Jugendwerk Team in the office, so applicants should like office work, like writing emails, creating flyers for events, helping with sending letters and like being responsible for materials and stuff for seminars and camps etc.
Basic computer knowledge could also be quite helpful. Volunteers also need a DRIVING License for cars.
As the volunteer will work together with children and youth (not daily!) she/he should be interested and maybe also have first experiences in working in this field.
She/he should also be willing to work in a team.
Additionally, we think the volunteer should have interest in intercultural work and motivation for intercultural projects.
The volunteer should be willing to participate with her/his own experiences in the daily work of the Jugendwerk.
She/he should also be open for new experiences and show some flexibility. With the database everybody has access to our project description. A
dditionally, it will be possible for the volunteer to inform about the Jugendwerk and the project on our homepage http://www.jugendwerk24.de.
We are willing to receive every application, please use our application form file you find attached! Our current volunteers are writing a blog, you can read it here:https://evsinjugendwerk.wordpress.com/
Everybody can apply with the attached file (WE NEED THE APPLICATION FORM) before 13.09.2015 midnight. We will do a pre-selection by 17.09.2015. After that day we will inform you if you are in the second round. If you are not in the second round you will receive an email saying that we could not take you for the project this time. If yes, we will fix a telephone meeting and talk about the project, mutual expectations and motivation. Please DO NOT apply via Youthnetworks.
After you fill out the Application form, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project activity dates: 01.03.2016 – 28.02.2017 Please apply only if you are available for 12 months!
Here you can download the volunteer application form (we dont require CV or motivation letter, we need only this application form): Volunteer Application 2015